General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
A Data Controller is the person or organisation that determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data is processed. For these purposes, we, MOL Logistics (Deutschland) GmbH D- 40472 Düsseldorf, Wahlerstr. 20 are the Data Controller.
Our Data Protection Officer is Mr. Babak Geller who can be contacted at Datenschutz@mol-logistics.de
What information do we collect about you and how?
As a freight forwarding and logistics services business, we collect information about you, such as your name, address, contact details and identification paperwork, when you register with us, place an order with us for any of our services or otherwise are in touch with us regarding our services. We may also keep information contained in any correspondence you may have with us by telephone, post, email or other communication.
Our legal bases for handling this data are therefore to enable us to perform a contract with you (our services requiring us to arrange the means of transport, issue transport documents and carry out customs clearances) and in addition, processing the data is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring you receive our freight forwarding and logistics services you have asked to receive from us.
Where we may be obliged to collect any personal information that is deemed to be sensitive personal data, we will only process this with your explicit consent for us to do so.
Website usage information is collected using cookies.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is then used to track visitor use of the website and to create statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies but this may cause problems with the functionality of the on-line booking system as a result.
How will we use the information about you and why?
We will only use your personal information to provide to you the freight handling and logistics service you ask us to provide to you.
Our work for you may require us to pass your information to companies within our group and to third parties as described below. The information will be provided solely for the purposes of completing tasks and providing our services to you and we require those third parties to keep secure your Personal Data so that they may not use it for their own direct marketing purposes. These third parties may be:
- Any third party contractors (and any of their sub-contractors) that provide a service to us or act as our agents on the understanding they keep the information confidential;
- Border/customs controls for clearance in the destination countries;
- Our professional advisers;
- Credit reference agencies and other companies for use in credit decisions, for fraud prevention and to pursue debtors on the understanding they keep the information confidential;
- Insurance companies or regulatory authorities so as to comply with any legal and regulatory issues and disclosures;
- Any legal or crime prevention agencies and/or to satisfy any regulatory request if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so;
We will only use this information subject to your instructions, data protection law and our duty of confidentiality.
If in the future we intend to process data for a purpose other than that for which it was originally collected, we will provide you with information on that purpose and any other relevant information.
We do not use your information for marketing purposes.
Access to your information, correction and deletion- your rights
The GDPR grants you the right to access particular personal data that we hold about you.
You therefore have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the following address:
MOL Logistics (Deutschland) GmbH D- 40472 Düsseldorf, Wahlerstr. 20 or
We shall respond promptly to any such request and in any event, within one month from the point of receiving the request and all necessary information from you. In very limited circumstances (where the requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive), we may make a small charge for this service. Our formal response will include details of the personal data we hold about you, including the following:
- Sources from which we acquired the information;
- The purposes for processing; and
- The persons or entities with whom we are sharing the information.
- You also have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and have the right to ask us to transmit it to another controller if technically possible.
We want to make sure that your personal data is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove without delay any information about you that you think is inaccurate by emailing us at Datenschutz@mol-logistics.de
or writing to us at the above address.
You have the right to seek a restriction of the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. Further, you have the right to lodge an objection if you feel that one of the grounds relating to your particular situation apply. When you exercise your right to object, we must stop any processing unless we can show compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override your interest, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where you may have provided consent for the processing of any of your personal information, you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
Should you wish for us to completely delete all information that we hold about you, you should please contact the Data Protection Officer Mr. Babak Geller, who can be contacted at Datenschutz@mol-logistics.de
How long will we hold your data for?
We retain your personal information for as long as it is reasonably required by us to enable us to provide you with the services you ask for from us. We do not retain it for longer than these permitted purposes or we are no longer legally allowed to hold it.
You will have the opportunity to opt out or update or delete data at any point should you need to do so and details are set out in this policy as to how to achieve this.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the business services provided to you by us, the personal information which you give to us may be transferred to other group companies or to third party providers that are located in countries outside the European Economic Area. Where this is the case we will take steps to make sure the right security measures are taken so that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy. By submitting your personal data, you are agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing.
If you use our services while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EU to give you with those services.
- We take steps to ensure we keep your information secure. This involves the following safeguards:
- We have effective endpoint, network and email protection that filters out spam, malware and dangerous file types.
- We train employees to be suspicious of emails, especially those that contain attachments, and to report any unusual emails or attachment behaviour to IT.
- We utilise a patch assessment tool to ensure your operating system and applications are up to date with the latest security fixes.
- We have installed endpoint protection software and a secure web gateway that can identify and block exploit kits before they infect our systems.
- We have implemented full disk protection and encrypt sensitive data stored on servers or removable media for sharing with business partners.
- We use application control to keep track of, and restrict, unnecessary software that reduces security without adding any needed benefit.
- We guide employees on how to keep personal data secure.
If you feel that your personal data has been processed in a way that does not comply with the GDPR, you have a specific right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. The supervisory authority will then inform you of the progress and outcome of your complaint. The supervisory authority in Germany is Die Bundesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit.
How to contact us
By email Datenschutz@mol-logistics.de
Or write to us at: MOL Logistics (Deutschland) GmbH D- 40472 Düsseldorf, Wahlerstr. 20